Sticky

The foundation of Telč is based on a legend, which was told more than 900 years ago, in 1099. According to it, the city’s establishment is linked with the victory of the Moravian Prince Otto II over the Czech prince Břetislav. The city is situated between Prague and Vienna. Most people believe that it was the winner who built a chapel, which later became part of the famous church. In the 13th century, the original royal fortress was built on the trade routes’ crossroads; it was the historic core of the city. Only in the second half of the 16th century, the town started to expand – the castle was reconstructed with enclosed ponds and gates by architect B. MaggiRead more.