Today’s Nymburk is the center of Central Elbe, a city of monuments, culture, greenery, and sports: the local basketball club achieves excellent results and the Sports Center is sought after by the best athletes from all over the world say city representatives Nymburk during various centuries The story of the lovely and cozy city of Nymburk started in 1275. It was the time Přemysl Otakar II, the Bohemian king, establsihed the town. According to legends and early writings, the king invited Czech settlers, German and Dutch colonists to begin their lives.  Years passed, and the Czech language became the dominant one after the Hussite Wars in the 15th century. Since then, there are brick walls around Nymburk with more thanRead more.

Sticky

‘This unique group of technical mining landmarks reminds us of the hard work of past generations.’ That’s what people say about Krušnohoří, one of the Czech regions with UNESCO heritage. The name of the region can be translated as the “Ore Mountains.’ The origins of Hornický region Erzgebirge/Krušnohoří dates back to the 12th century when locals discovered the first iron and silver ores. The discovery led to the settlement with a major trade route to Bohemia. Krušnohoří has accelerated the development of such activities as metallurgy and local miners passed their profession on from generation to generation for more than 800 years! The region unites such cities as Horní Blatná, Medník, Krupka, and the Red Tower of Death.  The consistencyRead more.

Sticky

The foundation of Telč is based on a legend, which was told more than 900 years ago, in 1099. According to it, the city’s establishment is linked with the victory of the Moravian Prince Otto II over the Czech prince Břetislav. The city is situated between Prague and Vienna. Most people believe that it was the winner who built a chapel, which later became part of the famous church. In the 13th century, the original royal fortress was built on the trade routes’ crossroads; it was the historic core of the city. Only in the second half of the 16th century, the town started to expand – the castle was reconstructed with enclosed ponds and gates by architect B. MaggiRead more.